Join us this summer to explore new subjects, delve into a current interest with intense focus, and broaden your powers of perception when you earn college credit with undergraduate courses at the University of Chicago. As a Summer Session student, you can enroll in undergraduate courses drawn from the regular curriculum of the College at the University of Chicago.
You will have access to the same exceptional educational resources that are available to all students during the regular academic year. All of our classes are taught by distinguished professors and experienced lecturers. In these smaller class settings you will be able to receive personal attention from your professors and get to know other students in your class well.
Courses can be three or five weeks long. Read each course listing carefully.
Each summer course, regardless of length, is the equivalent of a full quarter-long (10 week) course, and meets for a least 30 contact hours.
- Once you choose the course(s) for which you would like to apply, make a note of the department code and course number (ex. ANTH 21501)
- Make sure you don’t choose courses with conflicting schedules, or courses that take place during different sessions.
- To qualify as a full-time student, you must take 2 courses in the same session. Students who want to live in the residence hall and/or obtain a student visa must be full-time.
- See individual course descriptions for prerequisites, if any.
- For language courses and admission information, please visit the Summer Language Institute website.
These undergraduate courses are open to current high school sophomores and juniors, 14 years and older.