Thanks to the vision and the generosity of the Neubauer family, this program brings together talented students engaged in Hispanic/Latino communities across the United States.
Outstanding students who share the Neubauers’ commitment to Hispanic/Latino communities are invited to apply for an opportunity to participate in a week-long enrichment program featuring interdisciplinary classes with leading faculty, tours of UChicago’s cutting-edge research facilities, and college application workshops. Students will also be exposed to the kinds of opportunities available in a large urban center for academic work and professional development through activities that showcase the city of Chicago. In the past, students have been able to attend improv shows, baseball games, architecture boat tours, and eat at some of Chicago’s most notable restaurants.
Program Contact: All questions should be directed to Alejandra Campos at email@example.com.
Eligibility: Current 11th grade students, who are at least 15 years old, and enrolled in a U.S. high school, are invited to apply.
Applications will be accepted online. The deadline to apply is our Regular Deadline, March 5, 2024. All application decisions for this program will be released at the same time in late April.
Applicants must complete the Summer Session Application, and all the related requirements which can be reviewed in the How To Apply section.
Application materials include:
- Online application
- Supplement & essays
- At least one teacher recommendation
- At least one parent/guardian confirmation email received
Applicants will be asked to respond to the following essay questions in the application:
- Why did you choose the particular program/courses for which you have applied? How are they related to your current interests and future plans? Please be as specific as possible, and make sure your response covers each of the courses you elected. (Limit: 500 words)
- “Since its founding, the University has been committed to the idea that a culture of rigorous inquiry requires an environment where diverse perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas inform and stimulate intellectual exchange, challenge, and engagement.” -UChicago Office of the Provost. How does your perspective, experience or background contribute to this culture of inquiry in this program? What do you hope to gain or learn by engaging with peers from all over the U.S. or from different parts of the world? (Limit: 300 words)
Review the Application Overview pages for more detailed information.
Costs & Fees
The application fee is automatically waived for any applicant who selects any Enrichment Program as their first choice.
All program costs, inclusive of tuition, room and board, and roundtrip transportation are completely covered. Students will need to have their own health insurance.
July 21-26, 2024
- Arrival date: Sun. Jul. 21
- First session: Mon. Jul. 22
- Closing session: Fri. Jul. 26
- Move-out: Fri. Jul. 26