Thanks to the vision and the generosity of the Neubauer family, this program brings together talented students engaged in Hispanic/Latino communities across the United States.
Outstanding students who share the Neubauers’ commitment to Hispanic/Latino communities are invited to apply for an opportunity to participate in a week-long enrichment program featuring interdisciplinary classes with leading faculty, tours of UChicago’s cutting-edge research facilities, and college application workshops. Students will also be exposed to the kinds of opportunities available in a large urban center for academic work and professional development through activities that showcase the city of Chicago. In the past, students have been able to attend improv shows, baseball games, architecture boat tours, and eat at some of Chicago’s most notable restaurants.
Program Contact: All questions should be directed to Alejandra Campos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility: Current high school juniors, enrolled in high school in the United States, and who are at least 15 years old, are invited to apply. Students who are U.S. citizens, U.S. residents, undocumented, or who have DACA status are eligible.
Applications will be accepted online beginning January 3, 2023. The deadline to apply is March 1, 2023. All application decisions for this program will be released at the same time in mid-April. There is no application fee to apply.
Applicants must complete the Summer Session Application, and all the related requirements which can be reviewed in the How To Apply section.
Application materials include:
- Online application
- Transcript (official or unofficial)
- Supplement & essays
- At least one teacher recommendation
- At least one parent confirmation email received
Applicants will be asked to respond to the following essay questions in the application:
- Why did you choose the particular program/courses for which you have applied? How are they related to your current interests and future plans? Please be as specific as possible, and make sure your response covers each of the courses you elected. (Limit: 500 words)
- “Since its founding, the University has been committed to the idea that a culture of rigorous inquiry requires an environment where diverse perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas inform and stimulate intellectual exchange, challenge, and engagement.” -UChicago Office of the Provost. How does your perspective, experience or background contribute to this culture of inquiry in this program? What do you hope to gain or learn by engaging with peers from all over the U.S. or from different parts of the world? (Limit: 300 words)
Review the Application Overview pages for more detailed information.
Tuition & Fees
Costs for the program, inclusive of tuition, room and board, and roundtrip transportation to and from the University of Chicago are completely covered.
July 9 – July 14
First session: July 10
Final session: July 14
Arrive on-Campus: July 9
Closing session and move-out: July 14