We will begin accepting applications in December of 2018. We encourage students to submit their applications as early as possible, as our courses can fill quickly.
In the meantime join our mailing list to keep up with new course offerings and application information.
Please see the following chart for application dates and deadlines for Immersion, Pathways, and Summer College:
The Summer Session application deadline is May 1, 2018. Students may apply after this deadline, but will be required to pay an additional $100 rush processing fee.
All of our programs except for Research in the Biological Sciences (RIBS) and Neubauer Family Adelante Summer Scholars offer a Priority application deadline. Applications received after the Priority deadline will follow a rolling admission process and require a $50 application fee.
For RIBS and Neubauer Family Adelante Summer Scholars, there is a single application deadline; no applications will be considered after that date.
- Applications are considered complete when the application is submitted, all required materials are uploaded/received, and the application fee is paid. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- We will close programs as they fill to capacity. You will be notified if a course or program that you have applied for is filled, and we will post the information on our website as quickly as we can.
- Courses may be cancelled at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. In the rare event this occurs, we will work with you to find a suitable alternative, or offer you a refund of your deposit if you prefer.
- For domestic students, rolling admissions will typically close by early May; this may be earlier for specific programs that fill.
- For international students who will require a visa to attend, applications will be considered no later than April 9 in order to allow enough time to complete the visa application process.
|Round||Application Fee||Application Deadline||Decision Released by|
|Priority||$25||Tuesday, January 22, 2019||End of February|
|Regular||$50||Tuesday, February 26, 2019||End of March|
|Rolling (Domestic)||$75||Through May 1, 2019||Within three weeks of submission|
|Rolling (International)||$75||Through April 1, 2019||Within three weeks of submission|
|Late Rolling||$150||After May 1, 2019||Within two weeks of submission|
Please see the following chart for application dates and deadlines for Neubauer Family Adelante Summer Scholars, Neubauer International Summer Scholars, and Research in Biological Science (RIBS):
|Program||Application Fee||Application Deadline||Decision Released by|
|Neubauer International||$0||Tuesday, January 22, 2019||End of February|
|Neubauer Family Adelante||$0||Monday, March 4, 2019||Early April|
|UChicago Summer Scholars||$0||Monday, March 4, 2019||Early April|
|RIBS||$50||Tuesday, February 12, 2019Eligibility||End of March.|
Your online application is considered complete when the following materials have been received:
- Personal Profile
- Program and Course Selection
- Transcript for grades 9, 10, and/or 11, as applicable, plus a 2019–2020 grade report if the grades you have received so far this year do not appear on your transcript. Students currently in 9th grade should also submit their grade report from 8th grade.
- Short Essays are your chance to show us who you are beyond your transcript. Each essay should be no more than 1600 characters, including spaces (approximately 250 words). The online application includes spaces to paste in your essays.
- Analytical Writing Sample: Students applying for any courses or programs must submit a legible copy of one of their essays or research papers which is typed, written in English, and includes their teacher's grade and comments. The paper should be at least 3 pages in length. Students may submit a marked handwritten paper if it is accompanied by a typed copy.
- Lab notes or math sets will not be accepted; the writing sample should be English expository prose.
- Please note that Immersion's Creative Writing course applicants should instead submit a piece of fiction, which does not need to be graded.
- Letter of Recommendation from a teacher in a subject related to the course(s) for which you are applying. You can request up to 3 letters from teachers.
- Work Sample is required for some courses. Please see the application to determine if you need to submit a work sample.
- Tuition Scholarship Form with supporting materials (if applying for need-based aid)
- Test Scores, including the PSAT, PreACT, SAT, ACT, and any AP scores are optional but encouraged if you have taken one of these tests. International students must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores (see International Students page for details).
- A copy of the entire report should be provided, not just the final score.
- Parent Confirmation emails will be sent to the parent on file.
Confirming Enrollment with a Program Deposit
Admitted students must confirm attendance by submitting a $500 non-refundable program deposit within seven days of the release of their admissions decision. Students will not be registered for courses or programs until this initial deposit is received. A second, non-refundable deposit of $500 will be due one month later; students who fail to pay this second deposit will forfeit their spot in their program.
Please see the Application FAQs for more information on the application.