The application is now live! Join our mailing list to keep up with new course offerings and application information.
Applicants apply to the UChicago Summer Session through our online application. All applicants—high school students, visiting undergraduates, and international students—should submit all required application materials. Additional supporting materials can be submitted via your UChicago Account or directly to our office.
Each application has two parts: Part I—General Information and Part II—Program Application. We strongly recommend that after you complete Part I of the Application, you preview the instructions on the application for the specific program you are applying for. You can save your progress and make edits before you submit.
Eligibility for admission to Summer Session depends on the program. Please see each courses' details for requirements.
Materials that are required include:
- Personal Profile
- Program Selection
- Course Page
- Additional Information
- Test Scores (if applicable)
- Supplement (If applicable)
- Writing Sample
- Housing (if applicable)
- Applicant Signature
All of our programs except for Research in the Biological Sciences (RIBS) and Neubauer Family Adelante Summer Scholars offer a Priority application deadline. For Priority deadline applications the application fee is waived. Applications received after the Priority deadline will follow a rolling admission process and will require a $50 application fee.
For RIBS and Neubauer Family Adelante Summer Scholars, there is a single application deadline; no applications will be considered after that date.
- Applications are considered complete when the application is submitted, all required materials are uploaded/received, and the application fee is paid. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- We will close programs as they fill to capacity. You will be notified if a course or program that you have applied for is filled, and we will post the information on our website as quickly as we can.
- Courses may be cancelled at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. In the rare event this occurs, we will work with you to find a suitable alternative, or offer you a refund of your deposit if you prefer.
- For domestic students, rolling admissions will typically close by early May; this may be earlier for specific programs that fill.
- For international students who will require a visa to attend, applications will be considered no later than April 2 in order to allow enough time to complete the visa application process.
|High School Program||Priority Deadline||Rolling Admission After Main Deadline?|
|College Pathway||February 2||Yes|
|Arts and Sciences UChicago||February 2||Yes|
|Undergraduate Courses for High School Students||February 2||Yes|
|Stones and Bones||February 2||Yes|
|Neubauer Family Adelante Summer Scholars||March 2||No|
|Research in the Biological Sciences (RIBS)||March 2||No|
|Undergraduate Program||Priority Deadline||Rolling Admission After Main Deadline?||Applications Accepted Until|
|Chicago in Beijing||February 2||Yes||March 15|
|Chicago Climate Change and Culture Institute (4CI)||February 2||Yes||All spots are filled|
|Urban Studies||February 2||Yes|
|Undergraduate Courses||February 2||Yes|
|Round||Completion Date||Fee?||Decision Release No Later Than||Acceptance|
|Early||February 2||$0||March 2||March 15|
|Rolling||After February 2||$50||Rolling basis||1 weeks after decision release|
Notification of Admissions Decision
Applicants will be notified by e-mail that an application decision has been released to their UChicago Account.
- Applicants who have submitted a complete application by February 2 will receive a decision on or before March 2.
- Applicants who apply by the Priority deadline may be deferred to be considered with later applicants. We guarantee a final decision by April 2 to all Priority applicants who were initially deferred.
- Any applications received after the Priority deadline of February 2 will be admitted on a rolling basis, meaning we will continue to review applications as they are completed for courses and programs not yet filled.
- Admissions decisions will be released within two weeks after receiving a complete application, but no earlier than March 2.
Neubauer Family Adelante and Research in the Biological Sciences (RIBS)
- Applicants who have submitted a complete application by March 2 will receive a decision on or before April 2.
- Applicants may be placed on a waitlist for spots in the program that open up if admitted students decline our offer to attend.
Confirming Enrollment with a Program Deposit
Admitted students must confirm attendance by submitting a $500 non-refundable program deposit within ten days of the release of their admissions decision. Students will not be registered for courses or programs until this initial deposit is received. A second non-refundable deposit of $500 will be due one month later; students who fail to pay this second deposit will forfeit their spot in their program.