UChicago enrichment programs offer pre-college students the opportunity to explore different areas of study and learn about different disciplines, especially those that make UChicago a distinct destination for higher education. Each enrichment program will advance and enhance skills that students can apply to their studies in high school, college, and beyond. Whether it be leadership, civil discourse, or quantitative analysis of complex problems, all enrichment programs give pre-college students a window into the unique culture of inquiry and discourse and the dynamism of intellectual discovery at the University of Chicago.
Pre-college students who are at least 14 years old. Check individual programs for specific eligibility requirements.
- All enrichment programs, aside from China Emerging Leaders, will be hosted on-campus for summer 2023. Additional details related to health and safety protocols will be updated on our website.
- If a program is hosted on campus, then all students who participate are required to live in residence in campus housing; there is no hybrid or remote option for residential one-week programs.
How to Apply
- Applicants should review the instructions in our How to Apply section.
- All programs require students to complete and submit the Summer Session application as well as upload a complete high school transcript and respond to a short essay.
- Select programs require or allow for a nomination by a counselor or teacher. The link to the form is provided on each webpage, and should be completed by the counselor or teacher, not the student.
All Enrichment Programs share a single deadline of March 1, 2023, and all applicants will receive decisions at the same time.