Congratulations on your admittance to UChicago’s Summer Session programs! We are looking forward to having you on our campus this summer. As an admitted Summer Session student, you will have access to various services and resources at UChicago that we would like to make you aware of prior to Summer Session beginning. Additionally, we are providing you here pertinent information that includes a checklist of items you must complete before Summer Session begins, a note concerning the mandatory orientation day for admitted Summer Session students, and additional information that addresses UChicago residence life, course and billing information, and campus life and safety.
Becoming a UChicago Student: A Checklist
Within one week of the receiving your acceptance letter, you must go to the status page of your online Summer Session account and:
- Submit the Reply to Offer of Admission form
- Pay your first $500 nonrefundable enrollment deposit
- Upload an ID photo that will be used to create your UChicago student ID card (which will be given to you when you check in)
Your ID Card will be very valuable to you while you’re on campus. Among other things, it gives you access to:
- Gerald Ratner Athletics Center
- Regenstein Library
- Housing and Meals in the dining hall (residential students only)
Once you have paid your first enrollment deposit, you will need to complete the following forms:
- Health and Medical Information (found in UChicago account)
- Emergency Contact Information (found in UChicago account)
Within one month of accepting your offer of admission, go to the status page of your online account to pay your second nonrefundable $500 enrollment deposit.
Chicago in Beijing participants follow the same payment schedule, but will receive their own program information due to the need for visas and passports.