How to Apply
Visiting Undergraduates interested in Urban Studies and Chicago in Beijing must complete an application as outlined on those program pages; the information below is only for Undergraduate Course Offerings.
Please read the course description(s) and schedule(s) carefully before registering; some courses have additional class meeting times or specific enrollment requirements that all registrants are expected to follow. Enrollment requirements are listed as prerequisites (PQs) in the course description. Students interested in courses with listed prerequisites must include a transcript showing successful completion of the prerequisite courses with their application.
To register for individual College courses in Summer Quarter 2017:
- View the Undergraduate Course Listings, then:
- Create an online account
- Retrieve the temporary PIN sent to your email address
- Log in and complete the registration
- Please keep a record of your account login information, the Summer Session Office does not have access to account login names or passwords
For language courses, please visit the Summer Language Institute Courses website. Visiting students interested in language courses should submit a Summer Language Institute application. Please do not submit a Visiting Student registration if you wish to enroll in language courses.
Online application for Visiting Students requires a nonrefundable application fee of $50. Late applications are allowed after the May 1 deadline if space is available and will require an additional $100 rush processing fee, which will automatically be added to the application charge when applying. The $100 fee is nonrefundable. Within one week of receiving your online application, a decision will be uploaded to your online account. If admitted a form with the details of your course selection will be included; this form needs to be signed and uploaded to your online account along with a $500 tuition deposit in order for you to be officially enrolled.
Students wishing to enroll in a course that has already met must first also have the permission of the instructor before being enrolled. Students enrolled after classes have begun will be charged an additional $100 late application fee by the Registrar's Office in addition to the $150 rush processing fee. The $150 must be paid when applying; the $100 late application fee will appear on your bill.
Do not use the online application to add or drop courses once you have submitted an application; this will create a duplicate student record and slow down the application process. If you wish to change your application, please email your request (including your full name, student ID number, and course codes and titles) to email@example.com..
If you are an international student, send TOEFL or IELTS scores or the equivalent to demonstrate English proficiency to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 17, 2016
- Applications available
- March 1, 2017 at 5:00 PM CST*
- Application deadline for Chicago in Beijing
- April 10, 2017 at 5:00 PM CST*
- Application deadline for International students needing a student visa for classes beginning 6/19
- April 24, 2017 at 5:00 PM CST*
- Application deadline for International students needing a student visa for beginning on or after 7/10
- May 1, 2017 by 5:00 PM CST*
- Application deadline for domestic students who require housing, including those with a valid I-20 from other universities
- June 1, 2017 by 5:00 PM CST*
- All housing and dining charges become final at this date.
- June 15, 2017 by 5:00 PM CST*
- Application deadline for all Session I commuter students.
- July 24, 2017 by 5:00 PM CST*
- Students interested in courses offered during Session IV who do not require on-campus housing or visas may submit their applications no later than one week before their course start date; all materials must be in our office by this date.