At maps.uchicago.edu you will find:
- Map of campus, where you can search for a specific building
- Parking lots
- Accessibility information
- Directions to campus, which are also provided below
Directions to Campus
- From Lake Shore Drive: Exit at 57th Drive (the Museum of Science and Industry). Go west and curve around the museum. Take the fourth right onto the Midway Plaisance and go west to the campus.
- From the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-94): Exit at Garfield Blvd. (55th St.) and drive east, following the signs for 55th Street through Washington Park. Once you cross over Cottage Grove Avenue, the campus is on your right.
- From the Northern Suburbs: Take I-90/94 to I-55 North to Lake Shore Drive South. Exit at 57th Drive (the Museum of Science and Industry). Go west and curve around the museum. Take the fourth right onto the Midway Plaisance and go west to the campus.
- From the Western Suburbs: Take the Eisenhower Expressway (I-290) to I-90/94 East. Exit on the I-55 North Exit and then to Lake Shore Drive South. Exit at 57th Drive (the Museum of Science and Industry). Go west and curve around the museum. Take the fourth right onto the Midway Plaisance and go west to the campus.
- From the Southern Suburbs: Take the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-94) northbound, exiting at Stony Island Avenue. Drive north on Stony Island to the westbound Midway Plaisance (between 60th and 59th Streets). Turn left onto the Midway Plaisance, and go west to campus. (I-57 travelers: Take I-94 east to reach the Stony Island ramp.)
- From the Southwest Suburbs: Take I-55 N. 5 miles to exit 292B, toward Indiana. Exit onto the Dan Ryan Expressway, continue for 0.6 miles. Merge onto I-90 E. Take exit number 57B towards W. 55th St./Garfield Blvd. Continue for almost a mile, then turn slightly right onto Morgan Drive. Morgan Drive becomes E. 57th Street. Continue down E.57th Street until S. Ellis Ave. Turn right onto S. Ellis Ave. Continue straight to campus.
- From Indiana: Take I-65 N or I-80 W to the Skyway (I-90/94 W). Drive westbound on the Skyway, exiting at Stony Island. Drive north on Stony Island and turn left on 60th Street.
- By Bus
- The CTA #6 Jackson Park Express bus will take you from downtown Chicago to Hyde Park. Catch the bus southbound on State Street in the Loop. Get off at 57th or 59th Street, walk under the train tracks, and continue west to the campus.
- CTA Web Site: http://transitchicago.com/
- By Train
- Catch the Metra Electric commuter train at Millennium Station (Randolph St.), the Van Buren stop, or the Museum Campus (Roosevelt St.) station. Get off at 57th or 59th Street and walk west to the campus.
- Metra Web Site: http://www.metrarail.com/
- Midway Airport: Follow the airport signs to the CTA Orange Line/transit center. At the transit center, walk outside to the CTA bus terminal and board the #55 Garfield bus. The bus runs east on 55th Street to the Museum of Science and Industry. Exit at the Ellis Avenue stop (you will see the Ratner Athletic Center on the corner). Walk south on Ellis Avenue towards the heart of campus.
- O'Hare Airport: Take the CTA Blue Line train from the airport to the Jackson stop downtown. Exit the subway and walk one block east to State Street. Then follow directions for travel by the #6 Jackson Park Express bus on the Mass Transit page.
- The two main cab companies in Chicago are Checker Cab and Yellow Cab, and you can hire one just by calling T-A-X-I-C-A-B, or 312-829-4222. A taxi ride to or from O'Hare Airport can range anywhere from $30 to $50 and a ride to or from Midway Airport can cost as much as $20. Taxi fare from Downtown Chicago to Hyde Park is about $18.
- If you're scheduling a pick-up, make sure to tell them your name and the time you need to be picked up. It's also important to call half an hour before pickup time to make sure that there are no misunderstandings.
- Go Airport Express operates out of both Midway and O'Hare Airports, and will drop you off right in front of South Campus Residence Hall. To schedule a pick-up, go to http://www.airportexpress.com/ or call 1-888-284-3826 (press option 1 to be connected to an operator immediately). When you get on the shuttle, let the driver know that you want to get dropped off at South Campus Residence Hall. Go Airport Express can also pick you up again when you leave for home, and your RA will help you and other students coordinate return shuttles to the airport.