Visual Language: On Images
We are no longer admitting high school students to the 2018 Summer Session. Visiting undergraduate students are welcome to apply.
This studio course investigates the basic elements common to the visual art experience, emphasizing the relationship between the formal structure of an image to its meaning. Initial problems isolate principles and conventions common to images, examining such things as color theory, systems of representation, relationships between surface organization, and spatial illusion. Later students reunite these principles by executing individual works.
High School Students
- Students who apply will be admitted using rolling admission and require a $50 application fee.
- The Summer Session application deadline is May 1, 2018. Students may apply after this deadline, but will be required to pay an additional $100 rush processing fee.
- International students who will require a visa to attend, applications will be considered no later than April 9 in order to allow enough time to complete the visa application process.
- Rolling admissions: courses fill quickly, so submit your complete application as soon as possible.
- This course fulfills the general education requirement in musical, visual and dramatic arts.
- Enrollment is limited to 16.
- Orientation for high school students is June 16-17.
Tuition is $4,400 per course. (Full-time registration is two courses taken during the same session.)
Additional fees apply; housing and dining costs not included.
Complete Cost & Aid Information (including housing and other fees) for high school students can be found here.
Complete Cost & Aid Information (including housing and other fees) for undergraduates can be found here.