Self, Culture and Society 3
We are no longer admitting high school students to the 2018 Summer Session. Visiting undergraduate students are welcome to apply.
The third course in the Self, Culture, and Society sequence focuses on the social and cultural construction of the person, with particular emphasis on issues of gender and race. Authors include Sigmund Freud, Simone de Beauvoir and Frantz Fanon. This sequence fulfills the general education requirement in the social sciences.
- Students who apply will be admitted using rolling admission and require a $50 application fee.
- The Summer Session application deadline is May 1, 2018. Students may apply after this deadline, but will be required to pay an additional $100 rush processing fee.
- International students who will require a visa to attend, applications will be considered no later than April 9 in order to allow enough time to complete the visa application process.
- Rolling admissions: courses fill quickly, so submit your complete application as soon as possible.
- Prerequisite: SOSC 12100; SOSC 12200.
- Enrollment is limited to 19.
Tuition is $4,400 per course. (Full-time registration is two courses taken during the same session.)
Additional fees apply; housing and dining costs not included.
Complete Cost & Aid Information (including housing and other fees) for high school students can be found here.
Complete Cost & Aid Information (including housing and other fees) for undergraduates can be found here.