Introduction to Computer Science 2
This course provides an introduction to computer programming and computer science in the C programming language. Topics include control structures, function definition, iteration and recursion, pointers, memory layout and management, and data structure design. CMSC 15200 is a suitable second course for students who have just taken CMSC 15100 in the summer. However, and only in the summer, CMSC 15200 can be taken as a standalone introduction to computer science, for students in any area who require related skills for their own work (projects, theses, etc.). This course meets the general education requirement in the mathematical sciences.
High School Students
- Eligibility: current high school sophomores and juniors, 14 years and older (unless clearly stated otherwise); current College undergraduate students; and visiting undergraduate students.
- The Priority application deadline is February 2. Students who apply by the Priority application deadline will have their $50 application fee waived. Any applications received after the Priority deadline will be admitted using rolling admission and will require a $50 application fee.
- International students who will require a visa to attend, applications will be considered no later than April 2 in order to allow enough time to complete the visa application process.
- Rolling admissions: courses fill quickly, so submit your complete application as soon as possible.
- CMSC 15100 or some programming experience is recommended but not required.
Tuition is $4,085 per course. (Full-time registration is two courses taken during the same session.)
Additional fees apply; housing and dining costs not included.
Complete Cost & Aid Information (including housing and other fees) for high school students can be found here.
Complete Cost & Aid Information (including housing and other fees) for undergraduates can be found here.