History of Philosophy 1 (Introduction to Ancient Philosophy)
We are no longer admitting high school students to the 2018 Summer Session. Visiting undergraduate students are welcome to apply.
An examination of ancient Greek philosophical texts that are foundational for Western philosophy, especially the work of Plato and Aristotle. Topics will include: the nature and possibility of knowledge and its role in human life; the nature of the soul; virtue; happiness and the human good.
High School Students
- Students who apply will be admitted using rolling admission and require a $50 application fee.
- The Summer Session application deadline is May 1, 2018. Students may apply after this deadline, but will be required to pay an additional $100 rush processing fee.
- International students who will require a visa to attend, applications will be considered no later than April 9 in order to allow enough time to complete the visa application process.
- Rolling admissions: courses fill quickly, so submit your complete application as soon as possible.
- Orientation for high school students is July 7-8.
Tuition is $4,400 per course. (Full-time registration is two courses taken during the same session.)
Additional fees apply; housing and dining costs not included.
Complete Cost & Aid Information (including housing and other fees) for high school students can be found here.
Complete Cost & Aid Information (including housing and other fees) for undergraduates can be found here.