Fundamentals of Computer Programming I: Swift and iOS Application Development
We are no longer admitting high school students to the 2018 Summer Session. Visiting undergraduate students are welcome to apply.
This course introduces computer programming using the Swift programming language. The emphasis is on fundamental concepts, including logic, functions, data structures and program design. The course will also include some light iOS application development, though that is not its focus.
High School Students
- Students who apply will be admitted using rolling admission and require a $50 application fee.
- The Summer Session application deadline is May 1, 2018. Students may apply after this deadline, but will be required to pay an additional $100 rush processing fee.
- International students who will require a visa to attend, applications will be considered no later than April 9 in order to allow enough time to complete the visa application process.
- Rolling admissions: courses fill quickly, so submit your complete application as soon as possible.
- Prerequisite: Students should have a good grasp of pre-calculus, and preferably some calculus.
- Enrollment limit 20.
- No programming experience is assumed, and students will not need to own their own iOS devices or Apple computers to participate.
- Orientation for high school students is June 16-17.
Tuition is $4,400 per course. (Full-time registration is two courses taken during the same session.)
Additional fees apply; housing and dining costs not included.
Complete Cost & Aid Information (including housing and other fees) for high school students can be found here.
Complete Cost & Aid Information (including housing and other fees) for undergraduates can be found here.