Academic and Professional Writing
We are no longer admitting high school students to the 2018 Summer Session. Visiting undergraduate students are welcome to apply.
Academics and professionals need advanced writing skills if they are to communicate effectively and efficiently. In this intensive, pragmatic course, students master the writing skills they need by first studying and then applying fundamental structures of effective writing. In each class session, students first meet in a small-group seminar to discuss each other's papers and then attend a lecture on a new principle. Discussion, editing, critiques, and rewrites ensure that all students sharpen their ability to write with clarity and power.
- Students who apply will be admitted using rolling admission and require a $50 application fee.
- The Summer Session application deadline is May 1, 2018. Students may apply after this deadline, but will be required to pay an additional $100 rush processing fee.
- International students who will require a visa to attend, applications will be considered no later than April 9 in order to allow enough time to complete the visa application process.
- Rolling admissions: courses fill quickly, so submit your complete application as soon as possible.
- Enrollment limited to 28.
- Graduate Students need approval from the University Writing Program to register.
- Instructor consent required to enroll at graduate (ENGL 33000) level.
- This course is not open to high school students.
- Orientation for high school students is June 16-17.
Tuition is $4,400 per course. (Full-time registration is two courses taken during the same session.)
Additional fees apply; housing and dining costs not included.
$25 materials fee.
Complete Cost & Aid Information (including housing and other fees) for high school students can be found here.
Complete Cost & Aid Information (including housing and other fees) for undergraduates can be found here.